Calanthe (Cali) Cope-Kasten is an Associate at Wilkinson Walsh. Her litigation practice includes products liability claims, antitrust disputes, and representing individuals in government investigations. She has represented both Fortune 500 companies and prominent private corporations, including Pfizer and Georgia-Pacific. Cali maintains an active pro bono practice; she has worked on teams representing clients in a variety of habeas corpus appeals and other criminal matters. She is also heavily involved in the education community, where her experience includes volunteering as a mock trial coach for college and high school students and publishing in the field of special education law. Before joining the firm, Cali practiced at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison in Washington, DC.
- Undergraduate: Macalester College, B.A., summa cum laude.
- Law: University of Michigan, J.D., magna cum laude; Order of the Coif; Managing Board, University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform.
- Judge John R. Tunheim, United States District Court for the District of Minnesota.
- It’s Time to Start Showing a Little Restraint: In Search of a Compromise on Federal Seclusion and Restraint Legislation, 47 U. MICH. J.L. REFORM 217 (2013).
- Bidding (Fair)well to Due Process: The Need for a Fairer Final Stage in Special Education Dispute Resolution, 42 J.L. & EDUC. 501 (2013).
- Cali Cope-Kasten & Patrick Schmidt, Book Review, 17 L. & POL. BOOK REV. 158 (2009) (reviewing DAVID KAIRYS, PHILADELPHIA FREEDOM: MEMOIR OF A CIVIL RIGHTS LAWYER (2008)).