Betsy Henthorne is an Associate at Wilkinson Walsh. Before joining the firm, Betsy served as a law clerk to Judge Gregory H. Woods of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York, Judge Sri Srinivasan of the United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, and Associate Justice Elena Kagan of the Supreme Court of the United States.
Betsy graduated from Georgetown University Law Center, where she served on the Executive Board of The Georgetown Law Journal and as Editor-in-Chief of the Annual Review of Criminal Procedure. During law school, Betsy represented indigent clients in the Criminal Defense and Prisoner Advocacy Clinic, for which she earned the International Academy of Trial Lawyers Award for Outstanding Clinic Student. She interned at the Public Defender Service for the District of Columbia and the Bronx Defenders.
While at the firm, Betsy was a member of the trial team that secured a complete defense verdict in a multi-state consumer fraud class action involving Bayer’s One A Day multivitamins. She maintains an active pro bono practice, representing clients in post-conviction and trial matters.
- Undergraduate: Brown University, A.B. (2006)
- Law: Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., cum laude (2014)
Executive Board, The Georgetown Law Journal
Editor-in-Chief, Annual Review of Criminal Procedure
- Judge Gregory H. Woods, United States District Court for the Southern District of New York (2014–15)
- Judge Sri Srinivasan, United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit (2015–16)
- Justice Elena Kagan, Supreme Court of the United States (2016–17)