Alysha Bohanon is an Associate* at Wilkinson Walsh. Before joining the firm, Alysha served as a law clerk to Judge Stephanie D. Thacker of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit and Judge Mark R. Hornak of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Alysha graduated from the University of Minnesota Law School, where she served as editor-in-chief of the Minnesota Law Review. During her time in law school, Alysha also served as a legal writing student instructor, a legal research assistant, and a graduate writing consultant. She received the Class of 2017’s Most Outstanding Contribution Award, and her student note, Tweeting the Police: Balancing Free Speech and Decency on Government-Sponsored Social Media Pages, 101 MINN. L. REV. 341 (2016), won the 2017 Burton Distinguished Legal Writing Award, a national writing award given to ten law students annually. Alysha obtained bachelor’s degrees in journalism and English from the University of Minnesota.
- Undergraduate: University of Minnesota–Twin Cities, B.A., summa cum laude (2014)
- Law: University of Minnesota Law School, J.D., cum laude (2017)
Editor-in-Chief, Minnesota Law Review
- Judge Mark R. Hornak, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania (2017–18)
- Judge Stephanie D. Thacker, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit (2018–19)
* Admitted to practice in Wisconsin. Not admitted in the District of Columbia. All work supervised directly by an active member of the District of Columbia bar.