Alexandra Walsh is a founding member of Wilkinson Walsh. She is an accomplished trial and appellate lawyer who has successfully led the representation of a range of clients in federal and state courts throughout the country.
Building on her extensive trial experience, Alexandra recently led two trial teams to victory in critical litigations for the firm’s longstanding client, Bayer Corporation. The first case challenged the warnings that accompany Bayer Corporation’s market-leading blood thinner medication, Xarelto. The second, a multi-state class action, alleged that Bayer Corporation used deceptive claims to market its multivitamin One A Day. In both cases, the jury returned complete defense verdicts after less than two hours of deliberation. This “string of crucial victories” led Law360 to select Alexandra as one of its 2019 Trial MVPs of the Year, calling the One A Day victory an “all-out win” inspired by Alexandra’s “confidence and strategy.”
Alexandra is currently serving as co-lead national trial counsel, and is slated to try the first case, in a national litigation challenging Essure, a permanent birth control method previously marketed by Bayer Corporation. That trial is scheduled to commence later this year.
Before founding Wilkinson Walsh, Alexandra was a partner at Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison and Baker Botts in Washington, D.C. Alexandra began her career clerking for Judge Merrick Garland of the D.C. Circuit and Supreme Court Justice Stephen G. Breyer. She attended Stanford Law School and Bowdoin College.
- Undergraduate: Bowdoin College, B.A., Summa Cum Laude; Phi Beta Kappa. Graduated 1995.
- Law: Stanford University, J.D., With Distinction; Order of the Coif; Managing Board, Law Review. Graduated 2001.
- The Honorable Merrick B. Garland, United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit (2001-02)
- The Honorable Stephen G. Breyer, United States Supreme Court (October Term, 2003)
- Serving as lead trial lawyer in the Judicial Council Coordinated Proceeding convened in California state court to address thousands of suits filed by users of the birth control method, Essure.
- Served as lead trial lawyer in a multi-state class action, tried in February 2019, that alleged Bayer Corporation used misleading claims to market One A Day multivitamins. The jury returned a complete defense verdict in less than two hours.
- Served as lead trial lawyer in a bellwether case, tried in August 2018, before the Philadelphia Court of Common Pleas in the national products liability litigation challenging the warnings that accompany Bayer Corporation’s market-leading blood thinner, Xarelto. The jury returned a complete defense verdict after less than two hours of deliberation.
- Won complete defense verdicts in the first two cases tried in the national litigation alleging that Pfizer failed to warn that its anti-depressant medicine Zoloft causes cardiac birth defects if taken while pregnant.
- Won a billion-dollar verdict on behalf of client Liberty Media in a securities fraud and breach of contract action brought against French media conglomerate Vivendi SA.
- Won a complete defense verdict in an action by the founders of online flash sale site, Rue La La, alleging that Kynetic and its CEO conspired with eBay to deprive them of the value of their company.
- Won full dismissal of a civil RICO action litigated by plaintiffs’ counsel Larry Klayman against a former Food & Drug Administration Commissioner.
- Won full reversal of a district court order granting public access to reports of independent consultant prepared as part of consent agreement with the SEC.
- Won full dismissal of an insider trading action in a case raising first-impression issues concerning the proper interpretation of Section 16(b).
Clients & Industries
Recognition & Activities
In addition to being named a Law360 Trial MVP, Alexandra was recently recognized by Chambers and Partners as a “Band 1,” or top-rated, general litigator in DC. Chambers also recognized her successes in Products Liability and Mass Torts. Alexandra has also been named Litigator of the Week by Litigation Daily for her victory in the Xarelto litigation and was featured in Litigation Daily for her cross examination of the lead plaintiff in the One A Day litigation. Alexandra was also honored by the National Law Journal as an Elite Boutique Trailblazer.
Alexandra is active in the legal community, having served on the Advisory Committee on Procedures for D.C. Circuit, as a board member for the D.C. Circuit Historical Society, and as a member of the Edward Bennett Williams Inn of Court. She currently serves on the board for the Washington-based Legal Aid Society.